Feet (Free Early Education for Two year olds)

You can claim FEET Funding from 2 years till term after your child’s 3rd birthday and it is for parents receiving certain benefits, for looked after children and children with special education needs.

Eligible parents of two year olds can have up to 570 hours of free early education a year (from the term after their child’s second birthday). They can take this as 15 hours a week for 38 weeks a year (Term time)

What is the Financial criteria

If you receive one of the benefits listed below, you can apply for FEET by following the link at the bottom of the page.

  • Income Support.
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
  • Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
  • The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
  • Tax credits and have an annual income under £16,190 before tax.
  • Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
  • Universal Credit.

What is the Automatically funded criteria

If your child is in one of the groups listed below, they will be automatically eligible for FEET funding.

  • Child looked after by a local council.
  • Child who has been adopted or has left care through special guardianship or a child arrangements order.
  • Child with a statement of special educational needs or an education, health and care plan.
  • Child getting Disability Living Allowance.

How do I apply?

All you need to do is fill in a FEET registration form (linked below) and post it to the finance and practise team (address on form). Then they will contact you at the beginning of the term your child turns two years old. After checking your details with the Department for Work and Pensions to confirm that you are eligible, They will send you a letter. Bring this letter to Little Oaks Pre School and we will hopefully be able to offer you a place at Little Oaks Pre School. When your child starts, we will claim funding directly from Surrey County council.